Charles Greenleaf chose the architect W.H. McLean to design the Abbie Greenleaf Library. At its completion in 1912, the library consisted of three rooms: a reading room, a stack room and the central vestibule with circulation desk. Colonel Greenleaf was particular about all the details of the building, including the curious stained glass windows which represent a wide array of flags of nations, many of which no longer exist and exquisite hand-hewn mahogany woodwork. The Arts and Crafts front door is a quintessential example of that style. And, don’t forget to seek out the Commedia dell’arte end irons in each fireplace. The centerpiece of this structure, is the handcrafted mosaic floor, was copied after the much admired Marble Room of the Massachusetts State House in Boston. Abbie Greenleaf Library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.